Sunday 9 May 2021

Mundane is Great

 




As I sit to write my weekly blog during this long Pandemic, I wonder what I have been up to all week. My life is not as busy and chaotic as it once was. I have not posted anything on social media for weeks. I don’t have any competition quilts under construction. 

BUT for the first time in 2 years Nella and I are enjoying going to the supermarket and having coffee in a cafe. She is still tormented by anorexia but seems far more positive about the future and is engaged with her recovery process. AND I am pretty content with such a slow life if the eventual outcome is normality for Nella.


Apart from our little outings this week, I have also managed to complete 2 customer quilts. The patterns I chose stitched out a bit slowly but I think they are worth it. I have half a dozen more quilts to do so if I get 2 done each week I will be “busy” until the summer.


After a whole year to get my act together with Technology, I have finally committed to giving a Zoom lesson to a Bernina longarm customer. I want to do the sessions using 2 cameras so I tried to do a dummy run before the actual lesson.Typically, the internet was not functioning in the workshop and the camera battery was flat so I am glad I decided to iron out the kinks before scheduling a real lesson. I seemed to have spent Lockdown buying cool recording equipment that I have not yet used so it is high time that I got  it all sorted;)

No comments:

Post a Comment