Sunday 13 August 2023

Post FoQ Reset

 

                                                                        Modest FoQ purchases

After all of the excitement of FoQ, this week was spent low-key pottering. Nella had also been away at Freya’s and visited her cousins in The New Forest. Every now and then I decide that my house and / or workshop has reached saturation point and has way too much “stuff”. I like to think that I am organised until I can’t find something. I know that I had some strong magnets which came out of a magnetic pin dish that smashed but I honestly don’t know whether I threw them out or whether I put them in a safe place. I have hunted for them high and low and realised that I need to have a bit of a reset. The problem is that although I need to get rid of some things, in the past I have been over zealous and got rid of things that I have wished I had not!

My current obsession is cameras… I started out with a biggish camera and a camera for snaps then I got a GoPro for making sewing videos. At some point I started watching techie Youtube videos about Action cameras or vlogging cameras and acquired a couple more and a few accessories. The issue is that that sometimes I can’t remember what the controls do and Nella still gets annoyed if I start filming in public so I don’t practise enough. My current mission is to take each one of my cameras out on a daily basis to familiarise myself with them and to decide if any of them should be sold. I jokingly told friends at FoQ that I was considering getting a drone camera which would be fun in theory but would I really use it?! I think I have now worked out what I really don’t need and started to tidy up the tangle of cables on my desk. 





                                                        Some pics taken during the week to test out cameras



It was nice that Freya came for a visit and we went for a wander with Nessie, picking edible mushrooms on the way. I wore long dungarees to avoid getting ticks from the bracken but I ended up too hot. It was a typical Scottish summer day in that the weather was unpredictably cool, hot, sunny and wet. 




I have a list of major upcoming things that I need to do which include making teaching samples for September, preparing for a caravan trip, getting Nella back to Uni and a new student house, becoming an “expert” in Art and Stitch, and doing more filming. There are minor things too that I must do before I forget and I jot them down on a sticky note as it is satisfying being able to cross them off at the end of the day, even if they are simple tasks like “brush Nessie”. 


When I went away last week I made a determined decision to leave my Nintendo Switch behind. I needed to break the unnecessary habit of maintaining my imaginary Animal Crossing island for up to an hour each day. I could be finishing the crazy quilted coat for instance;)


No comments:

Post a Comment