Sunday 7 January 2024

The Year is Still New!



 This winter holiday seems to have gone on for while! I wonder if it is because the main holidays were on Mondays. I kept meaning to give my workshop a really good tidy and clean but the wet weather has gone on and on so there did not seem to be any point. I did eventually do some of my new 100-piece puzzle which seems to be quite tricky. It is funny how I can decide I will do it for an hour but still be fiddling with it 3 hours later. 

Nella crocheted at light-speed and rattled out a couple of hair scrunchies and even a granny-square balaclava. 


We binge-watched The Buccaneers (an Apple TV adaptation of Edith Wharton’s novel) and loved it. Nella and I drove to Norfolk mid-week and enjoyed listening to its audio book but the reader’s accents were really weird. 


It was nice to see my sister on her birthday and the next day Nella and I visited Oxburgh Hall near Swaffham. We have both really enjoyed using our National Trust memberships for outings such as these and will definitely renew them when the time comes. 


I don’t plan to stay long as I really need to get properly started with the New Year - I feel like I have been “on holiday” for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment