Sunday 13 October 2024

Can I Look After Endangered Garden Animals?!


I spent Sunday morning being interviewed by a prospective Landlord and am now having second thoughts about a house that I thought was ideal. I have to make sure that the endangered Slow Worms and Newts in the garden thrive. I am not allowed to paint anything even if it is scruffy and can be evicted at short notice if the garden is not correctly maintained. On the other hand, I also saw a Bedford Cottage in Tavistock which is rather small but the Landlady is considerably more relaxed;)



I don’t actually need to rush into anything at all but I would like not to negotiate the rural lanes in winter and would actually like to stop living out of a suitcase.


I had another busy week at work with my first 2 customer quilts, making Overlocker samples then making a Publisher presentation about the settings for a project class. 







In my spare time I trawled Facebook Marketplace, fantasising the junk furniture I could buy to replace the treasures that I sold before moving. I  bought a £10 hat stand, ostensibly for the house with the endangered species but I guess it can go anywhere. 


I met cousins at Hound Tor for a lovely, autumnal walk and spectacular views of Dartmoor. I was worried that I might run out of fuel on the way back to civilisation and be enveloped by mists then hunted down by a Hell Hound. Fortunately, Nessie and I made it safely back to re-fuel at the supermarket in Tavistock!





No comments:

Post a Comment