Sunday 13 September 2015

Spikes of Activity



I have had one of those seemingly busy weeks where I have got through a lot of thread and driven the kids around all over the place but my To Do list is still far too long and I have not sewn a single stitch on one of my own projects. 



I started the week with Helene’s super African quilt that will brighten up her son’s cell-like room at University. She was able to tell me where every single patch had come from and the whole crazy mix looked fantastic in its black background.



The Postie thought it was my birthday because so many packages arrived from Ebay but it was all stuff for one of my secret projects and I had to resist the temptation of playing with the contents in order to work on a very intricate Judy Niemeyer double wedding ring. 


The customer showed me the original pattern which had been quilted in spikes all over but I decided that it was just a bit too spiky so I decided on curved lines and pebbles in the squashed centres and that it also needed stitch-in-the-ditch. It took rather longer than I anticipated and I only just finished it on Sunday evening, determining to mess about with some of my own stuff for a day or two this coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment