Sunday 8 January 2017

Restoring Order




I always have to start the New Year with a big tidy up. No matter how much stuff I think I may have got rid of on Ebay, more stuff seems to arrive to take its place. My workshop becomes Santa’s grotto before Christmas then it doubles up as a cold food store over the holidays so there were many cardboard boxes to squash, invoices to file and much glitter to vacuum. I will re-fold all of my fabric stash in due course but at least I have managed to stop the IKEA basket-drawers from collapsing further for the time being. 

My tidying extended to completing my tax return, writing school lesson plans, and tackling the music room cupboard that was bursting with bits of drum-kit, kazoos and random cables. I need to get rid of some instruments that the kids have outgrown and have failed to sell!

I have ordered a fancy new planner which I hope will make me become a Super-Organiser. I write everything down in two A5 spiral notebooks but I have a nasty habit of using post-it notes that don’t always make it into the “Mother-Notebook”. I have tried a Filofax Planner in the past but it was too small so I the A5 size should work better. I just hope I don’t waste more time organising my new planner than I might actually gain in being more organised;)


No comments:

Post a Comment