I spent NO LESS than 3 days marking my DWR quilt with chalk I am not convinced will ever rub/wash off. It should have been simple to mark a 2 inch grid all over but when it came to adding in some more information, it was obvious that a couple of the diagonals were not where they should be. A job that started off so neatly looked like a child had been playing on the pavement with a box of IKEA chalk and a wet sponge. I just hope I can actually quilt what I have scribbled! Of course, the quilt is now far bigger than it was meant to be therefore I had to sew extensions onto the 90” wadding and order more backing fabric since I no longer had enough, sigh:(
A simple customer quilt and a DIY customer alleviated the boredom and I spent many hours scouring the internet for images for the Domestic slideshow, ensuring that I would not be infringing any copyright rules. I have some great pictures so far, enough to take photos in order to meet a competition deadline.
My weekend was beyond frustrating technology-wise. Whoever used my decent camera last (and I’m sure that was not me) mislaid the charger so I had to take photos using my phone. The phone takes great photos but when they are uploaded to the computer the quality is seriously reduced. I cannot fathom this at all. I have changed the settings on my phone but when you zoom in to inspect the images on the computer they are not at all sharp.
Obviously, taking the photos in the first place was not going to be easy. The background quilt is white (ish). I hung it on a quilt stand with a black cloth behind it but inside photos of the quilt were too dark and outside photos would not show the projected images, even in cloudy light. The other weird discovery is that when you try to take photos of digitally projected images they show up as strips of red, blue and green. Then it started to rain…
In rooting around for my camera charger I realised that I own a digital projector, overhead projector and pocket projector. The only way I could get a realistic photo of the quilt plus slideshow was to print a slide onto an acetate sheet and use the old fashioned OHP. If the piece is accepted into the competition I want to use the pocket projector mounted on a tripod but it won’t yet recognise the photos that I copied onto the micro SD card that I have now accidentally trashed while attempting to reformat it - ARGHHH - Seriously, I could have been quilting for hours in all of that time!