Sunday 25 April 2021

Everyday Life


It’s all very well sitting on the sofa criticising contestants on the Sewing Bee on TV for making silly mistakes but if I was ever selected then I would definitely be sent home in the first week. I did eventually get my oversized wool dressing gown finished. It is probably too big in the shoulders, could be even roomier elsewhere, is not made quite according to the instructions but I think it is a success. It does not need to be tailored as a garment for taking Nessie for a pee in the garden first thing in the morning - it just needs to be warm and substantial. 





My lovely, new clicketty-clacketty keyboard arrived this week. This means that my new computer system is complete. I had to tidy up the many trailing cables and wires. According to Youtube I should now film a “productivity desk tour”. Apparently, people (myself included) watch that sort of thing.


I managed to get 3 customer quilts done this week. These days I am pleased if I can get a simple one done in a day and set up the next one. 







Nella and I have have decided that we need to schedule in little outings to ease ourselves back into real life and to give her a purpose. This week we went on jaunts to Aberdeen’s underwhelming IKEA hub, the open day for a new zero-waste shop in Banchory and a dog-walk in Duthie Park. Non-essential shops in Scotland re-open next week so we have planned a short trip into town to visit a couple of our favourites, hopefully making some small purchases to keep them open for business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment