Sunday 23 May 2021

Business as Usual-ish





 This week felt almost like the old “normal”. I got 3 customer quilts done with all-over patterns and sent a box of quilts back to Frances in Cardiff.

I did a basic longarm lesson by phone for a new Q24 owner, just so she could have a little play before our official Zoom lesson. 


I have tried to keep on top of my online German courses. I have now reached the end of Babbel but hit a bit of a wall with Busuu as all of the grammar explanations are now in German and I haven’t a clue what is going on. I know a lot more German than when I started but would probably still speak German like a two-year old who knows a few big words. I could really do with a visit to Germany to get some proper practice.


It has rained and rained all week here. I think the jet stream is stuck and spring/summer is on hold. I had to order Nessie a waterproof jacket because she was getting muddy every time she went out. I cannot believe it is almost June weather-wise and indeed, where has 2021 actually gone so far...?


I still have no projects on the go, just dealing with day to day stuff and chipping away at a few customer quilts. I am painting Nella’s room one wall at a time so I don’t have to move all of the furniture at once. The room has very low ceilings so it is quite easy. The original ceiling paint is white and shiny, whereas the new paint is white and matt so it is obvious where I have missed bits. Still, anything is an improvement after 14 years of blu-tack and drawing pins have left their mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment