Sunday 17 October 2021

Mellow Autumn Days

 


It has been mid-term for Nella so there was no need to rush anywhere. I got her quilt all joined together with a majority of the points matching and downloaded a pumpkin-patch  digital quilt design from Intelligent Quilting. It was quite a busy pattern so it took most of a day but it looked cute and was dense enough to hold all of the pieces down. I had the binding ready to go so I attached it as soon as it came off the frame and the quilt was on Nella’s bed by Tuesday evening!



We had an outing on Wednesday to St. Andrews, via Dundee. We checked out 2 fabric warehouses in Dundee which mostly stocked stretch jersey or upholstery fabrics. Nella bought some cinnamon coloured corduroy but otherwise we did not find anything that we could not leave without. 




It was strange to visit St. Andrews without Freya - I think the last time was 2 years ago since the 4th year of her degree fizzled out without a graduation ceremony due to the pandemic. The town was very busy with students and visitors and it was tricky to find a cafe without a long queue. We just mooched around some favourite shops and wandered on the beach for a few hours, enjoying a very nice day together in glorious autumn sunshine.




I finally got around to filming the process of making “zippered leaders” for a longarm quilt frame. Nella was the main camera person and I somehow forgot the use another camera for B-roll. It will take her a while to edit it all together, even if it all makes sense. I am not even sure who the video is for - I can’t exactly highlight it for Bernina owners since I am showing them how to make a non-branded product. Perhaps it is just one of those “because I can” projects. I think I would like to teach via the medium of video but only if I think it is really good;)  To confound myself even further, I will write up the instructions for my fictional pupils. At any rate, I now have a very smart set of Q24 zippered leaders for sale because the zips I used are a different size to the ones I have myself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment