Sunday 30 January 2022

Shabby to Chic

 




It was refreshing to work on some straightforward customer quilts this week. I loved the mixture of fabrics used in the 3 “scrappy” quilts. This eclectic approach made me reconsider ordering a batch of Liberty prints for my caravan quilts and I found all sorts of floral prints already in my stash. I almost could not be bothered to start a quilt and I struggled to get going but once I had made up a test block, I decided to cut out enough for an entire quilt.



Nella had some college deadlines to fulfil, one of which was a transformation of men’s shirts into a different wearable garment. I think she did rather well, attaching a skirt of ruffles onto a halter top. 





The caravan got a thorough clean inside then it was sugar-soaped and sanded because I decided that it would look fresher all painted white. I have realised that it has suffered from significant damp at some stage, hopefully not leaking now but there are bubbles on its inside walls. I started painting it using a chalk paint and it feels like it will take me ages! The first coat looks streaky so I hope a second covering will be an amazing transformation. I just want to get to the point where we will be able to dress it up with fake plants and a disco ball:)




No comments:

Post a Comment