Sunday 15 May 2022

Quilted Coat (and other stuff)

 


I have been trying to make wee videos to summarise Bernina Qmatic lessons that I have been teaching on Zoom. Nella makes a great job of editing them then I add notes and screenshots which I hope make some sort of sense. I don’t claim to have THE definitive method for doing things - just ways I have found that work for me.

Other time wasting exercises this week have included trying to track down lost Hermes parcels and chasing up my KLM cancelled flight expenses which still have not been processed.


I have been enjoying watching The Great British Sewing Bee on telly (except for the Transformation Challenge which I detest). The poor contestants get such a short time to rustle up wearable garments. I took the best part of 2 days to complete my quilted coat, previously having cut out all of the pieces. It looks impressive and is comfortable to wear, although perhaps a bit bulky. I have no idea where I should wear it - perhaps just to Tesco, why not?





One of my Facebook friends commented that my hair had grown so I got Nella to take a photo from the back. I was quite shocked! I never wear it down as it feels too hot, I am hopeless at hairstyles and don’t like having short hair because I think I look like a man. I could do with a Lady’s Maid to plait it for me every day because I just use a giant clip and look like I have a bird’s nest on my head.





My friend, Mel came over for help with laying out her Puff Quilt. I showed Nella a picture of the project - she loved it and asked for one of her own to take to Uni. I made a sample to see how footery it might be and gave Nella the go ahead to shop online for her choice of fabrics.




Nessie and I had a grand day out at a Scottie Dog meet-up. She met lots of dogs just like her which bamboozled her, declared she did not like her sisters but did not mind her brothers, and won a prize for having a waggy tail. 





No comments:

Post a Comment