Sunday 3 July 2022

Full Steam Ahead

 


I seem to have had a very busy week! I completed the small Warli quilts, added some prairie points then blocked them all ready to be bound. At first I could not figure out how 4 quilts that all started off at 30” x 40” ended up at different sizes until I remembered that the quilting would make a difference, Doh! Hopefully the differences of up to 1” won’t be too obvious when they are hanging.



I had a hexie customer quilt with a too small back so I bought a large, flat sheet and dyed it bright yellow. Another odd job was to cut down and overlock a king-sized duvet for someone. Never let it be said that I am not an accommodating quilter;)


On my inaugural caravan trip I decided that my morning tea did not taste nice from melamine mugs so I ordered some jolly Cornishware ones. Obviously, they all needed a cute travelling bag so they do not get damaged in transit.




Nella helped me to screen-print a cheapo parasol that I bought in case it is ever scorching when we eat breakfast outside the caravan. It was a slightly tricky job, trying to hold the brolly flat on an ironing board outside.




A job that I kept shelving finally got done this week - after a Zoom lesson on Qmatic with a pupil I like to make a video summary of the lesson with screenshots and notes. Nella does the editing for me but the notes always seem to take me a while to get around to finishing.


I have been trying to get back into making videos, particularly showing off the Bernina L890 overlocker / coverstitch machine. Not only do I need to know what I am doing with the new machine but I also have to remember to charge the relevant camera batteries and use a wireless mic. I am thinking it may be time to resurrect my “Here’s the News from The Quilt Quine” short vlogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment