Sunday 4 December 2022

Definitely December



December started with a flurry of activity. On Monday I went to Glasgow for Freya’s Masters graduation. The university looks rather like Hogwarts - all Freya needed was a cat and a pointy hat to look like Prof. Minerva McGonagall. It was a proud day - she worked hard on her Masters for two years as well as coping with a full-time job and covid restrictions that affected her studies.





I had two customer quilts on the go this week and since they were Christmas themed, I decided to put on some festive tunes and do some gift wrapping.
  I knotted the second of 2 macrame jam-jars which look far more glamorous in the dark. 



I started on my Lindt advent calendar and was a bit disappointed that the first window held a tiny chocolate ball. I thought it would all be bears and reindeers, whereas it would appear that they are rationed;)





Nessie and I were surprised to see a salmon on one of our walks. At first I thought it was dead as it was not moving but it glided away much to Nessie’s annoyance. 





I don’t plan on starting any new projects this week as I will be getting ready to make a trip to Norfolk and make Fergus a birthday cake. I hope to cut the crazy quilt into coat-shaped pieces, overlock the edges then add some more stitching…


No comments:

Post a Comment