My week at work was mostly spent being involved in FoQ preparation. I long-armed mini quilts pieced using the Accuquilt system, packed up 2 sewing machines for demos, tidied up ruler quilting samples, and helped stuff leaflets into envelopes. I have selected some camera gear, hoping that I might do some filming at FoQ. I really want to take the mini Hover drone but its battery is dead!
Garden report: I have ONE hollyhock flower… I bet the rest won’t mature until next year. I have quite a few tiny tomatoes, raspberries that show no signs of fruit, very brown grass and some straw flowers.
I definitely need a major project otherwise I am inclined to go off on expensive side quests. Because we have had weeks of hot weather, I became interested in the Ninja Creami ice cream maker. I have always claimed that I don’t really like ice cream. I have decided that I will only make vegan friendly dairy free ice cream so when my 2 vegan daughters visit they will be delighted;)
I made coconut vanilla ice cream and tinned peach sorbet. The mixtures need to be frozen for 24 hours before getting churned. I was very impressed - my next flavour experiment will be rhubarb and custard. The only trouble is that the tubs are huge and my freezer is small - I am going to have to eat a lot of ice cream!





No comments:
Post a Comment