Sunday 11 July 2021

Old and New Tech



I made a big decision that it was time to let the Landy go to a new owner. I have advertised it for sale since I can only ever just about afford to scrape it through its MOT each year and not spend any money doing it up. Even I have to admit that it is not suitable for long trips. It has served me well over the past 15 years and it is now time to look for a new-to-me car that is more comfortable.

I got two all-over quilts done while having a custom job going on in the background. The customer requested straight lines, avoiding the appliqués, which takes more time than you would think. 







My other major achievement was giving a Zoom lesson on how to use the quilt machine with computer. My pupil is very much a techno beginner but a most diligent student. I used my GoPro camera behind me to livestream while speaking to her using my phone AND sharing my computer screen! I decided that it would be useful to make a video without interruptions of how to get started so I hung a camera from the ceiling then discovered that if I have a Zoom meeting by myself, I could talk via a web-cam, share the screen and record the whole thing. I will get Fergus to edit all together and fast-forward through the quilting. I have already thought of improvements for the next video… 

No comments:

Post a Comment