Sunday 19 December 2021

Christmas Lights

 


We are edging towards Christmas and have been getting into a festive spirit. I wrapped all of my gifts scruffily in brown paper. It was meant to be printed with a rubber wallpaper roller but the paint took ages to arrive so it remained naked.
 




Nella has been working at Crathes Castle for the Christmas Light festival. She has been dressed as The Grinch, Olaf the snowman and an Elf in freezing conditions. The lights in the walled garden were spectacular and it was a lovely experience. 





I made Date and Apple chutney twice using my Granny’s vague recipe. She wrote down rough amounts and simply said to cook in a low oven for a couple of hours. The first batch got forgotten and turned into treacle but the second round was much better. 





Freya has arrived home for the holidays so I feel that our low-key festivities can now begin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment