Monday 13 December 2021

Low Key Festivities


 I have completed all of the customer quilts that had to be done by Christmas so now I have to prepare a couple of custom ones to quilt on and off as time allows. 

Nella and I had an evening of Christmas shopping, just doing M&S, Paperchase and TK Max. We did not actually buy much - it was just nice to experience the Christmas lights. We sorely miss John Lewis in Aberdeen to get into the festive mood.






I have not gone overboard on making Christmas gifts this year. I sewed up a few obligatory face masks, a couple of handy pouches and one or two hair scrunchies. Nella foraged some evergreens that had blown down in the storm to make a wreath and we made a batch Scottie-dog gingerbread cookies. She was not able to do any of those things last Christmas so all of that is a blessing. 




Fergus celebrated his 20th birthday for which I made a tasty, if rather childish, chocolate cake. Unlike a couple of years ago, he did not go out partying which is just as well as there is yet another wave of Covid (omicron) on the rise. 


My plan for the week is pretty simple - wrap gifts, possibly in home-printed brown paper and at least try to brush Nessie daily…




No comments:

Post a Comment