Sunday 2 January 2022

What Will 2022 Bring?

 


I have usually had enough of Christmas Festivities after Boxing Day and cannot wait to get back into  my workshop to get cracking on projects or a major spring clean. However, this year I have been utterly content and embraced doing nothing - in fact, I wonder where I will get the oomph required to restart for 2022. 

I have a tricky customer quilt to work away on a bit at a time. It is a re-do of a quilt that was unsuccessfully long-armed by someone else and its owner has removed some of its quilting. The major issue is to outline all of the Celtic knot-work invisibly. 




I helped Nella to run up a pair of elasticated trousers using leftover teddy fleece. There were only 2 pieces and no pockets so we got that done in a couple of hours. 






Having thought about it on and off for years and looked out on and off for months, Nella and I took a road trip to Forfar and viewed a well-used, small caravan. It seemed to be solid, not too grubby and modestly priced, with a remote controlled mover, so I bought it! It will remain in storage until I sort out a tow-bar for my car but it is an exciting project for us. We will tart it up a bit then aim to go off for some adventures. Maybe we will even manage to do a Festival…:)


No comments:

Post a Comment