Monday 4 April 2022

Glasgow Weekend

 


March came in like a lamb so it went out like a lion with snow! Despite that, I had a surplus of eggs so I took some to Glasgow where a couple of them got smashed in transit. During the week before I went I quilted a baby quilt and a Christmas quilt, both with simple snowflake designs. 




I have no idea how I did it but I messed up my Air BnB booking and should have been in Glasgow at the tenement flat I had chosen on Thursday so I lost a night and had to book an extra night at short notice for Saturday night. The first place was great, although it had its quirks. The second place was far less salubrious so I need to pay more attention in future.








We did not do any sightseeing, just mooched about in our usual fashion, finding vegan eateries and junk shops. We visited the Barras Market which has definitely seen better days. Freya’s birthday party event was to do pottery painting. My efforts were not at all arty - a sponge-effect was liberally applied and I had ideas for what I could have done after the event. 


We came home with Freya’s tortoise, which we will be supervising while she is on holiday in Tromso. Poor old Bluecat Pepper had to go the vet with a UTI. She is 18, completely discombobulated, and was peeing in odd places such as the fruit basket and on Nella’s mobile phone. She has been given antibiotics and I bought her some cat soup so we will see how much longer she lasts, well past her sell-by date;)


This week I am aiming to do one quilt, finally get the caravan inspected then get ready for a trip to Norwich as Nella has an applicant open day. Of course, April snow is forecast...

No comments:

Post a Comment