Monday 11 April 2022

Norwich Visit

 


My only mission last week was to complete a customer quilt and get the caravan serviced. I accomplished both:) The quilt is for a friend’s grandson in New Zealand and I am sure he will love all of the different feature fabrics. 


I was nervous about the caravan inspection but it went surprisingly well. There were signs of damp but it is not really a problem for me unless I get rained on in bed. The Caravan Man did not say a word about the interior decoration and he said it was entirely roadworthy but could do with new tyres. He even got the gas working so I should be able to try it out soon, even if it is just for a sleepover in the garden.


Nella and I drove to Norfolk on Thursday and completed the trip within 10-ish hours. We had a great day at Norwich University of the Arts on Friday. The tours were amazing and I went into buildings that I never knew existed. The equipment was all top-notch and the staff and student ambassadors were all very welcoming. Nella and I are both very excited by what her course and life in Norwich will offer. It really is “A Fine City” and we had a lovely wander around the lanes, checking out cafes and eclectic, independent shops. 


Beach Huts nr Lowestoft





Nessie made herself at home with my parents while we were out and enjoyed walkies to the river in Loddon to watch the boats and ducks. She has not had to wear her raincoat at all and we have enjoyed not being wrapped up in thick jumpers as the weather was positively spring-like. 





We are planning another mooch around the city before heading back to Scotland and will look forward to planning Nella’s student life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment