Monday 12 December 2022

Chilly December Activities

 It has been getting colder this week and we had a little snow. I felt justified in spending only a little time in my workshop then coming inside and watching a Christmas movie while I did something else in the afternoon.

I made a cut-out Scottie Christmas card one afternoon so I could make sure that all of my cards got posted early due to postal strikes in the UK.




I cut my crazy quilt into coat shaped pieces using a “Sew Me Something - Bianca” pattern. I have made this coat previously in boiled wool. I have been attempting to add some hand-stitched motifs but I am really a total novice so it looks pretty rustic. 





I drove Fergus and a couple of pals down to Glasgow to celebrate his 21st birthday and I stayed with Freya. I had a lovely catch-up and dog walk with my chum, Ellen in a dog-friendly cafe. On Saturday Freya, her boyfriend George, Nessie and I went on a mini pub crawl in Finnieston and I discovered that I really liked hot toddy from an enamel mug;)




Despite severe weather warnings we drove from Glasgow to Norwich on Sunday without incident and will be here for a week spending time with family, enjoying a “Fine City” at Christmas time and collecting Nella for the Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment