Sunday 10 December 2023

Woeful Weather


 Nessie and I travelled back to Scotland by train which is a long way with a dog on your lap, sometimes the floor. She was very good, especially at Edinburgh Waverley where we had 10 minutes to change platforms. Thistle (Fizz) was delighted to see me and was especially pleased that she could get access to my bed. Meanwhile my room had been turned into a recording studio and Nella’s room seemed to have been filled with the junk that everyone else had decided they no longer wanted in their rooms. It seems that I will have some serious sorting to add to my list of pre Christmas preparations and my general ever expanding To-Do list. 



We had extreme weather again this week with temperatures so low that it was minus something in my workshop. Since I had received chase-up calls from customers wondering what had happened to their Christmas quilts (they did not say they were Christmas quilts), I had to wrap up and get on with it. I am so glad that I was on top of things before I went away so I “only” had to quilt 2 and bind 5! I have now declared that I will not try to do any more customer quilts this side of Christmas:)




After the freeze, we had rain and more rain and I had to put sandbags outside the workshop door as the water was rushing off the field and 6” deep in the trench outside. This used to happen occasionally but now it happens several times a year and I have to shift everything and hope for the best that I just have to dry the carpet out afterwards. 





I caught up with Mo and asked her very nicely if she would be able to staple some scrap fabric onto a swivel chair that I found in the yurt. She found some fabulous leopard-print corduroy and I had the chair back together later that day.





I have been frantically doing some online shopping without any success for Nella then realised that I had intended to make her a bunny cushion from an Elizabeth Hartman pattern. Luckily, I had already cut out the 60-odd tiny pieces to make a small bunny in dungarees. I took most of a Saturday to do the single bunny block then I made a random patchwork cushion back in case she does not want to see the bunny all the time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment