Sunday 28 July 2024

A BIG Week



I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to throw together a quilt for FoQ at the last minute - not for the competition, just for the Bernina UK longarm stand. I had to get it done by the weekend, with 2 days away in Glasgow, so that meant putting in 11ish hours quilting on each free day. I did eventually get it done in 51 hours!






I had pieced the butterfly quilt accurately and loaded, pinned and basted it well BUT there was so much quilting that everything shrank in and it was difficult to get the background areas to fit, I signed up for a Quiltalong Facebook group but I did not have time to watch 3+ hour live videos to get the tips that I wanted so I just bashed on regardless. I think it might have been “better” if I had opted to do the background first but ultimately it would have been better to have allowed more time;)




Anyway, I have bound it, still have a million threads to trim on the back where I opted for jump stitches.  As long as nobody scrutinises the circles which I did without the computer in the end - it looks pretty good.




Fergus and his pals, Joe and Connor aka “Ample House” had their debut gig in Glasgow at the iconic venue, King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut. The turnout, sound, vibe were great and they were fantastic. I hope it will lead to other successful gigs and build up a loyal fan base.


No comments:

Post a Comment