Sunday 11 August 2024

A Not Going Anywhere Week

 


My journey home from FoQ was not entirely straightforward. I made it to Fergus’ flat in Glasgow with no problems but when we decided to nip to the supermarket my car would not start, just like it did in June. I called the AA just after 9am the next morning and a patrol truck came about 2 hours later and declared that we would need to be taken to a garage. At 1.30pm we got towed as far as Asda in Cumbernauld where we hung around for 5 hours waiting for another  truck to take us further. This was also meant to be a staged journey but the fantastic female driver decided that she would take us all the way back and we finally reached Banchory at midnight. All of the garages and mobile mechanics seem to be busy and nobody will even look at it until late next week. The only other car available car at home is an ancient VW Golf with defective brakes so I won’t be going anywhere for a while unless I hire a car!


All 3 children came home for a few days which was lovely and I even persuaded them that I would like a photo in the summer evening sun. 




I did not want to disappear into my workshop to do customer quilts while they were visiting so I pottered around and even tidied up my jungly plant windowsill after a bird got in and pooped everywhere. 





We cooked together and just enjoyed each other’s company. As young adults all living away from home, they love the kitchen space, gadgets, and food stores that I have. We used a silly rice scoop to make duck shaped rice balls and Nessie was thrilled to have all of her favourite people for a visit. 




I will have an empty nest again next week so will get the customer quilts done and have a ruthless workshop sort-out.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes from across the pond. I so enjoy your weekly posts. Big change-- you got this! xox

    ReplyDelete