Sunday 3 April 2016

Frazzled



It has been a crazy week! I had 3 DIY quilters plus a day in school. It was Freya’s 18th birthday and the Landy was put into service taking sound equipment to the Junior Prom, organised by the sixth years. 

I tried to sell more than buy on Ebay, encouraging the kids to have a similar purge, which resulted in several trips to the Post Office;)

I have managed to find a buyer for my Elna sewing machine and table so I was on the lookout for a small table to fill the gap where I could put my laptop and notebook. I could not believe my luck when I laid claim to a drop-leaf table and anglepoise lamp left out in the rain in the rubbish skip outside the junk shop. After 48 hours drying off, a squirt of WD40, a new fuse and bulb - the lamp worked!





I introduced Freya to thermofax screen printing using images from her art project. By the end of a very productive weekend including a 7am Sunday morning start, her portfolio has increased substantially to include several items exploring colour and print techniques. 

Rather weirdly, the kids have just started their Easter holiday - a week after the Easter weekend. I expect there will be plenty of driving practice in “Angela”, the VW Beetle, lots of catering, exam revision, and maybe even time to sew some more black beads onto the Purdah shawl…



No comments:

Post a Comment