Sunday 25 July 2021

Carzzz

 


I reorganised a corner of my workshop to accommodate the new filing cabinets, instead of figuring out how to make trolleys for them so they could be shifted about. Obviously, this led to a game of furniture Tetris to try and fit everything back in. There was a filing cabinet sized gap that was too tight by a few mm so I chiselled some lumps of concrete off the wall and prised off a section of skirting board. This was quite a feat for a muggy Monday afternoon but hopefully there won’t be any more rearranging to do for a while.

Another time-wasting activity for me currently is perfecting the ingredients and cooking time for no-knead overnight bread. I have a new cast-iron tin with a lid, as well as a ridiculously over-sized Dutch oven for a goose. I feel that I have to get good use out of the baking gear or else find somewhere to store it other than inside the oven where I tend to forget about it until I need to cook something.





Apart from a couple of dodgy offers from Facebook Marketplace on my Landy that seem to involve cash and blurry photos of obviously stolen cars, I currently have an interested party who is a Landrover enthusiast. The major stumbling block is that as usual, it needs work for its MOT, which could prove costly. In the meantime I have been boring myself looking  online for a Volvo estate car that is affordable, reliable and not ancient. 


I plan to get 2 customer quilts done at the start of the week then concentrate on packing for FOQ. So far I have printed out all of my paperwork, gathered together all of my threads and gadgets, and got a face-visor. Freya is travelling to Birmingham by train to be Nella’s chaperone and I need to take some supplies plus a microwave. I can see myself making a few checklists lists in the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment