Sunday 4 July 2021

More Quilts

 




I have been chipping away steadily at customer quilts. They have all been straightforward, even though a couple were pretty big. The next one is to be custom straight lines, avoiding areas of appliqué so that may take a while.

Nella and I had a midweek trip to the cinema to see “The Heights” - a Lin Manuel Miranda musical about a Latin community in New York. It was very clever and really enjoyable. The outing helped to break up a mundane week and it is important for Nella to realise that she can do all sorts of things if she re-engages with Life.





I remembered that I had to label, check and pack “Rainbow Warriors” to send to FOQ. Fortunately, I had already done the blocking so I just needed to flatten it out after a year in the cupboard. It is quite large and I have the issue of the giant sequins so fitting it into a box could be a challenge. If the prairie points get squashed they may stick out at odd angles. I just hope it hangs nicely at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment