Saturday 26 March 2022

Feels Like Spring


The weather has been perfect all week - no wind, highs of 18C, frosty in the morning. The birds have been singing, trees all have buds on, beautiful sunsets, and I even took off my thermal vest. However, snow is forecast next week:)



I managed to get 2 quilts done for customers. One of them took far longer than it should have because I was trying to use the customer’s Aurifil 40 cotton variegated thread on batiks and the machine hated that combination. After a lot of footering around, I used an 80 needle, reduced the top tension to almost nothing, coated the thread in silicone and ran the machine at its slowest speed. 



For the first time in ages, I caught up with a friend for coffee and she gave me plant pot stickers for the caravan. I finished my quite-posh bunting so really the caravan interior is done, apart from working out how the gas and water works. 





I saved a picture posted on Instagram by Mister Domestic since I thought it particularly apt.  Much has changed indeed over the past couple of years. Nella has reserved a Uni Halls room in Norwich! I have decided to be OK with having no plans other than to keep my business chugging along, hope to enjoy a more carefree summer, get Nella settled into Uni then wait and see what direction (if any) to take…

No comments:

Post a Comment