Sunday 6 March 2022

Too Many Microwaves!

 


Microwave ovens have been mysteriously multiplying here. There is one in the kitchen - as you would expect. There is a rusty-ish one in the workshop which I might use on a rare occasion for dyeing fabric that is too small to go in the washing machine - in other words,  never. I bought one last year to take to Birmingham so Nella could heat food up in the hotel and the caravan came with another one. I was killing time the other day while Nella was in college for the afternoon. Rather dangerously, I found myself aimlessly wandering around Dunelm and spotted a reduced pink retro style microwave hidden behind some boxes. I simply could not resist getting it for my increasingly pink caravan, even though it is not really a necessity;) Now I really must advertise 2 of the unused microwaves for sale and maybe even ditch the old, rusty one. 

Somehow it was a busy week but not much to “show” for it. Nessie had a haircut, I made several phone calls (as yet unanswered) to try and arrange a mobile caravan service. I fitted in a Qmatic lesson for a pupil via Zoom, and Freya came home for the weekend. 


I think I have almost pieced enough blocks for the second caravan quilt…





I quilted one customer quilt. It was nice and straightforward except that with rather a lot of borders, it did get a bit out of hand in places but I managed to get it under control.




I am missing my overlocker which has been in repair for weeks. I did look on Ebay to see if I could get one the same as a backup but there is only one up for sale and its starting price is £800!!





Lovely weather this weekend has hinted that Spring is on its way. I could do with catching up on customer quilts and I should give the outside of the caravan some attention. I have seen some on Pinterest that have been painted with fabulous flowers but for now I may just try to tidy up the scruffy vinyl stripes so it looks less shabby. We have decided to see about getting tickets for a Scottish festival, “Doune the Rabbit Hole”. It is exciting that Nella has suggested this trip since we last went to “Latitude” in 2019, just after she was first diagnosed with anorexia so this one should be a far happier experience:)

No comments:

Post a Comment