Saturday 21 October 2023

Storm Chasing

 


I am making myself study Art & Stitch so I know it inside out! Sometimes I find that it is not as co-operative as I would like in that things you think you have done before and learned, don’t always seem to work the same again. 




I planned to make my way to Norfolk on Thursday but there was a storm warning so I decided to set off on Wednesday to try and beat it south. I was not able to leave until after lunch so I only went as far as Glasgow and stayed with Freya. As the weather warnings got more serious, I decided that if I woke up during the night I would just get going. I left Glasgow at 2.00am, not really considering that it would be dark until 7.30am. It was very wet in the north but the roads were pretty empty. I stayed on the west of the UK which took me 2 hours longer than normal but I made it without any difficulties. 






By Friday the storm had spread to parts of England and it was even wet in Norfolk. Freya had booked a train after work as she also wanted to come down for Nella’s birthday week but the train kept stopping for long periods and did not go beyond Peterborough. She had the foresight to book a hotel overnight and continued her journey by bus the next morning. 





Back home in Aberdeenshire the storm kept raging for 3 days straight with a Red, danger of life warning. Roads flooded, trees came down, the power went off, the sea turned foamy. I dread to think how soggy my workshop might be - apparently water is seeping up from under the floor!


Hopefully, the weather will settle down on Sunday and I will take the girls and Nessie to the seaside. I am not sure what else we will get up to this week as Nella has managed to change her Uni course to Textiles and will have a far fuller timetable:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment