Sunday 24 March 2024

Cornish Capers









After I finished teaching in Tavistock last Saturday, my friend, Mel who moved from Banchory to Looe in Cornwall, picked me up and we had a lovely couple of days exploring the area. The sun even came out - everyone told me that it seemed to have rained every day since last autumn. I met some lovely people who said, “Proper Job!” a lot, sampled pasties, fudge, and had fun seeking out the filming locations in the light-hearted BBC detective series “Beyond Paradise”. I really had a lovely time, just like being on holiday. 


Unfortunately there was Drama waiting for me at home. Fergus had been all set to move out with his girlfriend to a flat in Glasgow but they split up so all of those plans are over. Thankfully, they had not actually signed the contract. I spent a lot of time this week trying to console him and work out what he is going to do next. The new plan involves him staying on his friends’ sofa until he gets settled, hopefully getting a job quickly then working on some new music.


Apart from that and some Quilt Quine admin which I swear takes me longer to tackle than is necessary, “all” I did was organise myself with a Tula Pink quilt along that I have signed up for online. There was a lot of photocopying and sorting to do. It will be interesting to see if all this preparation makes the construction easier to manage.





Both Freya and Nella arrived home on Saturday evening. Freya is only here briefly for the dentist but Nella has a 3 week break from Uni and plans to work on assignments, projects and do some outings. Obviously I will spend time with her but will also need to spend a bit of time in my workshop, help Fergus write an eye-catching CV, and continue planning for the retreat that I am teaching in Devon in June - (no pressure)!

No comments:

Post a Comment