Sunday 10 March 2024

Social Butterfly


I have not done much social media since pre-Pandemic and I have not missed it! With courses to promote at Quilt Direct in Devon, I have really had to push myself to get back on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube to remind quilters that I still exist. It is more time consuming that you might imagine, searching for photos, coming up with a caption and checking back in for comments. Freya told me that I needed to learn how to make cool online posters as well as making short movies about what I am up to. Hopefully, my classes will be well attended.



Just for fun, I decided to make a mini series on Youtube about everyday gadgets from around the house. I have mentioned a mechanical pencil sharpener, jumper shaver and milk brother, to name a few so far. Some have had over 400 views, which I find quite bizarre.


I caught up with a couple of pending customer quilts, quilted out samplers for my teaching weekend in Devon, made 3 handy “Clam-Up” pouches, and a Youtube demo on how to make side-clamp extenders for the quilt frame!





On Saturday I travelled to Glasgow by train to attend the Scottish Quilt Show for the day. It was lovely to see other quilters from around Scotland and brilliant that “Help ma Boab!” won Gold in the Contemporary category. In addition to a nice, red rosette, I also won a box full of useful haberdashery items, some of which I will try to find other good homes for, since I don’t really “need” any more supplies;)






No comments:

Post a Comment