Sunday 7 March 2021

The Same Everyday



 Like most people must be finding in early 2021, I have got used to every day being pretty much the same. I have a rigid routine based around Nella’s meal-times and appointments. I also fit in a short dogwalk, a maximum of 2 hours in my workshop, some German practice, basic chores, looking forward to whatever arrives in the Post, working on a jigsaw, and now - Animal Crossing. The biggest excitement of the week was receiving my Covid vaccination appointment. This is a little ahead of schedule for my age group since I am in the category of unpaid Carer. 

The little quilt that was just meant to be “a quick bit of stitch-in-the-ditch” also received some ruler work and background radiating lines. I wish I had a gadget for accurate line placement but I just worked out it out semi roughly by marking out evenly spaced points. 


It was great to finally get to a small baby quilt that Q-matic could do without much brain-power on my part, except for working out how small to stitch the hexagon pattern so it would look like honeycomb. I have a handful of all-over quilts to do next but STILL have not got cracking with my FOQ sampler which probably won’t actually take that long once I get started;) 





Nella is due to have a meeting this week to consider releasing her from hospital since she has now been at home for a few weeks. It is quite a scary prospect - she is not eating anywhere near enough but at least she is eating a bit. Under her ongoing mental health act detention she could be readmitted at any time, if it is deemed necessary but if there is no longer a bed available in Dundee then she would have to go to Edinburgh or Glasgow. Maybe that could be a spur to keep managing at home, but knowing the fickle nature of this illness, when some days she struggles with food so badly that she is prepared to stop eating altogether, we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment