Sunday 18 April 2021

Gradually Getting There



I am a coffee snob with a penchant for collecting stovetop espresso makers. Freya should be able to come and stay next month so I wondered whether I could get a really big Bialetti that I could brew up in the morning and reheat later. I found an 18 espresso cup pot on Ebay and found it amusing to line all 3 sizes up on my stove. 


My new Mac Mini arrived and I am very pleased with it so far. I don’t particularly like the monitor by Dell as it seems temperamental. I have transferred all of my old files over and just need to reorganise them. I even found the PDF jacket pattern that I thought was lost. I found myself watching Youtube videos by Mac nerds and may have ordered one or two over-specced items - I now have a gamer mouse and a trackpad which is definitely overkill. An irksome issue is that I have cables all over the place. I either need some cable tidies or some Lego mini figures to sort them out for me. 





I finally finished the Christmas Friends quilt and posted it back to its maker. It was a relief to have two nice and simple all-over customer quilts to do after all that intense quilting. 






I have started to cut out a wool dressing gown for myself. I am trying to use up pieces of tweed that I already have so some of it will have to be patched together. That is a bit of  faff but less risky than making a hash of wool-tweed that costs more than £20 per metre when I am not a confident garment maker. A new series of The Great British Sewing Bee  has started on TV so Nella and I are getting inspired to try sewing up some outfits. 


She has been battling with her “anorexic voice” being angry that she is trying to recover. It is like a screaming bully is inside her head telling her that she does not deserve to get better. So far she has managed to keep going, even though her intake is still mainly “healthy” food and smallish portions. A big boost for her was receiving the Covid vaccine so now she can begin to imagine herself taking part in Life again. We just have to keep undermining the bully and try to enjoy the return of the pleasures of “normal” life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment