Sunday 11 April 2021

Little by Little

 I am still working on the “Christmas Friends” customer quilt... just doing an hour here and there. My quilting stamina is not what it once was and I just can’t stand for hours, mindlessly filling in backgrounds. Hopefully, it should be completed in another 2 or 3 hours  as it is not even that big.



Nella has continued to be committed to Recovery but that does not mean it has been easy. One of the features of her anorexia has always been orthorexia - an obsession with “healthy” food. I blame the zealous “Health and Well-Being” aspect of the school curriculum for that, demonising foods such as fats and carbs. She has tackled some of her fear foods this week, including banana, avocado and sourdough bread. We have even been on short trips to the supermarket to look at foods she might like. We are both aware that anorexia could hijack her again at any time but for now she is looking forward to the summer and beyond. We have even booked a holiday cottage in Norfolk in June so we can visit family but not have the stress of eating every meal with them. 


I am excited that I have finally decided to replace my old laptop and desktop computers for a new Mac-Mini. I had both of those old computers reconfigured but they both ran so slowly and I could never find anything. The last straw was when I was searching for a PDF pattern for the Wiksten Haori jacket. After quite some time wasted searching my archived files, I decided that I would reorder it. Unfortunately, Wiksten has discontinued it so I ended up ordering a paper pattern from Simplicity that is similar-ish. I should note that if I am ordering a PDF pattern in future, I ought to print it off immediately. What I have learned is that it would be sensible to save everything to Icloud as my files were originally very well organised but since the laptop died they seem to have got scattered all over the place. The cool thing about the Mac-Mini is that the monitor and other peripherals are all separate so I should not have to replace the entire system all at once in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment