Sunday 8 August 2021

A Slowish Catchup Week

 



There were no customer quilts waiting this week to make me feel guilty for not working on them. Instead, I have decided to spend the next couple of weeks pottering away at small things I have been putting off. I got through some admin, wormed the pets, had another go at making pumpernickel which was pretty good but rather sticky to cut, and filed all of my dress-making patterns into one drawer of the filing cabinet. My workshop still looks a bit cluttered and when Rainbows Warliors arrived back from the show, I decided to leave it wrapped up since I can’t now easily access the quilt cupboard. 





Having organised all of the patterns, I have now cut out the Wiksten jacket that I have been meaning to do for ages. I originally planned to make a quilted version but decided to hang fire on that until I could see if I actually liked the basic lined jacket. 


We are not quite in the middle of August but there is a late summer vibe here now. The evenings are getting darker, the poly-tunnel is yielding rosy tomatoes and there has been some heavy rain. Nella has been struggling a bit so we have been going out for coffee to remind her that Life is waiting for her. She is still motivated to go to college so I think we should go and buy some fresh stationery to enhance that “back to school” feeling;)

No comments:

Post a Comment