Sunday 12 June 2022

Turning Tables



I did not set out to do a deep clean in my workshop when I shifted a table to fit in the new table. However, the much cleaner windows are very pleasing. I have attached a naff string curtain at the door to try and deter flies from entering since none of the windows inside open so they just buzz around until they die! The new, high table is amazing and will make any job that requires standing so much more comfortable. 



Nella and I had a trip to Edinburgh this week. She was actually there for a tattoo because she is 18 and can do what she likes - besides pretty artwork on skin is preferable to self-harm scars - always;) We were able to eat out in a restaurant and have a cocktail which is something that both of us thought would never happen. 


We went to an immersive / interactive van Gogh exhibition which was a great way to experience artwork. There were big screens showing the paintings, accompanied by music. There was a mock-up of the yellow bedroom and a mirrored room full of sunflowers. Van Gogh’s story is so sad - from barely earning any money while he was still alive to his grim experiences with mental illness that led to both his and his brother’s deaths.




I have been building up a collection of blocks to make the 4 Rainbow Warliors mini quilts. Either I will have far too many or too few. It will be a bit of a jigsaw putting them together which I think sort of counts as “improv” quilting. It will be a mathematical challenge (for me) getting them all to finish at the same size!




No comments:

Post a Comment