Sunday 5 June 2022

Stuffing and Other Nonsense




Having a week without serious commitments is great for cracking on with projects. I heat-pressed the glitter-walris to their squares and made a batch of silver and plain hour-glass blocks. I am quite sure that I have got far more bits and pieces than I need for my 4 small Rainbow Warlior companion quilts;)

I decided that the puff quilt was not going to be a leisurely project and I was determined to get it done. I regretted ignoring advice to under-stuff, as I shoved in clumps of stuffing the size of tennis balls. When it came to quilting in between rows of puffs it was rather a squeeze getting that bulk to fit under the longarm roller. 








The finished quilt edges were quite uneven  and THICK so I chose to add a wide binding / facing that would only be sewn by machine to the front and then hand-stitched to the reverse.





The other day when I was cutting out a batch of fabric and getting back-ache I wondered why I still did not have a nice, high cutting surface. My almost-full-to-capacity workshop had to have some furniture Tetris moves applied before I could fit in another table. This meant selling a small sofa on Facebook Marketplace, followed by a lot of cobweb removal, resulting in some window washing. That is my most valid case for not completing any admin tasks;) Hey-ho - there’s always next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment