Sunday 11 September 2022

An Historic Week


 It has been quite a week in the UK! Just 2 days after swearing in the new Prime Minister at Balmoral, The Queen died aged 96 in one of her favourite places. The News has been filled with royal tributes and trivia as we become the subjects of a King for the first time in 70 years. We went down to the gates at Crathes Castle to witness Queen Elizabeth II make her final journey via Edinburgh to London for her state funeral in a week. It was a surreal moment as she has been the monarch for my entire life.


I had one of those weeks in which it would be difficult to say what I actually “achieved”. I guess there was a lot of research from which electric blanket to buy, assuming that it might be a cold winter with expensive fuel bills, to how to do spiral lettering using the Bernina Q-matic. I
may have an idea for a quilt so I have been working some things out. 


I filmed a short video on how to do chain-stitch quilting on the Bernina L890 and can still see further uses of chain stitch…



The supplies that I have been accumulating for Nella’s Uni departure have been mounting up in my workshop and that is before she has even packed any clothes, books and craft supplies! She was quite sad to do her last shift at the Castle cafe where she has made some good friends. It is only just hitting her that she has less than a week left here - she is both nervous and excited. I think the week to come will go by in a flash and be quite emotional.




No comments:

Post a Comment