Sunday 18 September 2022

Off She Goes!

 This week was all about Nella getting ready to go off to Uni. I kept adding things that I thought were essential for student life such as a pepper grinder and stove-top coffee maker. She kept telling me that she had too much stuff;) I made her a round cushion shaped like a Loveheart Sweetie. Qmatic stitched out the lettering and I had planned to use the L890 to add chain stitching from the reverse. However, I don’t have the clear foot so I could not see where the needle was going. Instead, to highlight the lettering I painted inside with pink acrylic. 


The traffic down South was heavy on Friday and it took 12 hours to get to Norfolk so it was dark when we arrived. I was glad that such a long trip was done in my comfortable Volvo and not the utilitarian Landrover.


Norwich was hectic on Saturday with all of the Freshers moving in on top of the football traffic. There were long waits for the one lift to haul of the stuff up to the 5th floor. Nella was paranoid that she had more than anyone else but some people arrived with hire vans so I think she was actually equipped quite modestly. She got her room set up then worried that nobody was around in the flat’s kitchen while in fact they were all out for a final dinner with their parents. It is nice that I will be around for a week or so, staying with my folks until she gets settled in. We had a little wander around the city and agreed that it should be a really cool place to study for the next 3 years.




I had to leave Nessie with my folks while I took Nella to her Uni accommodation and they left her on her own while they went out. She was obviously not impressed as she destroyed some curtains and started on the carpet of the room where they left her. I was mortified - she has never caused any damage before, even as a puppy! It looks like I will have a curtain making project to do while I am visiting this week.




1 comment: