Monday 16 January 2023

Haggis Collection




I am back home after a quiet week in Norfolk where I spent some time settling Nella back into Uni life and taking my folks out for coffee. Time passes weirdly quickly without anything much happening there. I did some hand-stitching on my quilted coat pieces and some mending on my Mother’s 50+ year old Bernina Record. 

My sister asked me to help run up some haggis-style beanbags for her Cub Scout group. They are going to be used to play some sort of “catch” game on Burns Night. I made a prototype which passed muster so she did the cutting out while I sewed up 4 more haggis friends. I have no idea what the plural for Haggis might be or even if there is a collective noun;) Their snouts are gathered and tied with linen thread then secured with cable ties. I have visions of them spewing rice all over the village hall if they burst!





Nella and I had a road-trip to North Norfolk one dreary day for a change of scene but we did not go and visit baby seals down the coast since we had Nessie with us. 





The journey home took under 10 hours in my lovely Volvo which is really good going. I am getting used to driving up and down - the next visit will be in just 3 weeks’ time for my Mum’s 80th birthday. We used to visit once a year but since Nella went for her Uni Open Day last April, I have already made 5 trips!


No comments:

Post a Comment