Sunday 1 January 2023

A Brand New Year 2023

                                                           #magentamodern

I wonder what will happen in 2023? What new obsessions will fixate me? Since seeing a post on ceramic Christmas trees on Instagram by #magentamodern I have wanted to create a similar collection. I have bought a few books on HAND embroidery so I can embellish my crazy coat. It was meant to be a slow project but it would be good to get it done by my exhibition at the Scottish Quilt Show in March.


2022 was not necessarily what everyone hoped for with a war in Ukraine, strikes and inflation. However, here there were many positives. Nella went off to Uni in Norwich and is thriving. Fergus got back into Music at last and Freya had 2 graduation ceremonies!


There is so much that is unknown about a forthcoming year, things you just don’t expect to happen. At the start of the year that I turned 50 I did not know I would travel to India. At the start of 2020 we did not realise how Covid would turn the world upside-down (and I did not expect to get a Scottie-Dog puppy either.) In 2008 I had no idea that I would still be writing a weekly blog 15 years later!


I don’t have any grand plans for the year ahead but I do intend to get a calendar for the first time in a while as I have been asked to offer some in-person teaching dates. I need to plan a holiday abroad as well as make use of my caravan. I would like to get a bit fitter and by that I don’t mean dieting or jogging - just gaining a bit more stamina on dog-walks;)


I hope to do more filming - anything from documenting my life to making more instructional videos on Youtube. Ideally I would like to come up with an idea for a new show quilt but something still seems to be holding me back. I should try listening to the voice in my head that is advising me that I don’t actually need to have everything worked out yet…



 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I enjoy your blog very much-- look every Sunday for it. YES-- I saw that pic on Instie of the ceramic trees and I'm obsessed! Your show quilt idea will come-- it's just didn't schedule itself for Jan 1-- creativity is like that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete