Sunday 8 January 2023

Ubiquitous January Sort Out




 I started the first week of 2023 as I usually do - having a big tidy up;) We put the Christmas decorations away promptly then I decided to shift the electric piano out of my room at last. It didn’t make it all the way up to the top floor but at least it is out of my way and I can watch telly on my computer monitor. 

My inner longarm room needed a good sort-out as it was cluttered up with cardboard boxes. Some were from Christmas and others were machine boxes that I had shifted from under my work table when the other room got flooded. It’s quite difficult trying to tidy up when really I have run out of room for storage but I managed to put some camping gear into the yurt to create a bit of space under one of the longarm machines. It felt like a life-sized game of Tetris but I was quite pleased in the end. 


I had a bit of a nasty cold and Nella was home so I did not feel under any pressure to get back to work. I bought a calendar for the first time since Christmas 2018. I have to come up with some teaching dates but I am finding it difficult to get back into the swing of logistics. Flights within the UK are ridiculously expensive plus who knows when normal train services will resume and who will look after Nessie??


Nella and I drove down to Norfolk on Saturday. She felt that her Christmas holiday had seemed quite short and she was not sure if she was ready to start a new term. It’s good that I can hang around for a few days to take her to the supermarket and get her settled back in. I have brought my crazy-patch coat pieces with me just in case I get time to add some more ugly embroidery stitches. Firstly though, my sister wants me to make half a dozen haggises for her Scout pack to play a Robbie Burns themed game…

No comments:

Post a Comment