Saturday 11 February 2023

Mad Hatter in Norfolk



 I stayed on in Norfolk after my Mum’s 80th birthday and went on a couple of outings. Freya was also here for a few extra days but she was busy working online so could not come with me on junk shop jaunts and a trip to my favourite dungarees shop. 

I tried on a top hat in one vintage shop - it was too big for me and totally rigid but it is a fun look.






My nephew celebrated his 10th birthday and my sister had sent me into Norwich to pick up some pass-the-parcel prizes. I bought a farting Ninja toy which then farted noisily in my bag all the way around the city, including as I went into the ladies loo and while I queued up at the cash desk. 


Nella and I went on a National Trust day out to Blickling Hall near Aylsham. It is a lovely Jacobean mansion in landscaped grounds. There were some amazing old trees which would be brilliant for climbing if they were not roped off. There was an impressive portrait collection but it was difficult to work out who was who. I had not bought a guide book and the volunteers were not as well informed as I had hoped. I would probably be a complete pain if I became an NTS tour guide and visitors would not be able to escape from my vast mine of nerdy knowledge.









Once I make my 500+ mile trip back to Scotland I will have a week of catching up and I must get on top of the upcoming exhibition, Creative Craft and Scottish Quilt Show at the SEC in Glasgow at the beginning of March…

No comments:

Post a Comment