Saturday 25 February 2023

Why Would Anyone Paint a Ladder?

 I bought a cheap, short step-ladder which was white. It was important to me that it should co-ordinate with my newly painted trolley so I painted it matt black to match - 3 coats so far. The trolley will be on show at the exhibition (Scottish Quilt Show) whereas the ladder does not need to be. It will enable me to hang the quilts, after which I could put it in my car or I could use it as a chair. I think I have assembled everything that I need now and I have made prompt cards for my talk on competitive quilting. Remembering another time where I dropped them all and got them muddled up, I have actually connected them together with a spiral binding. 

I was undecided as to whether or not to take the quilted Henge Totems but I think I will leave them behind. They have been to that show before in 2015 and they are so bloomin’ big to shift. My 2023 exhibition will comprise show quilts, a Mac slideshow and a small longarm frame which I hope will be enough!


Since I managed to prepare for the show without leaving everything to the last minute, I managed to get a small customer quilt done. I generally like to be up to date before I go away on a trip.




I worked my way through a checklist and felt that it was keeping me focussed - apart from time spent doing obsessive internet research. Which is the best wireless microphone for vlogging? How do you make acrylic resin letter key-rings? Is a tripod better than a monopod? What happened to the Brinks Mat gold? Why is my wifi printer not working? 


I had 2 teaching days on the Bernina Q24  longarm system, one here in my studio for a potential buyer and the other continuing staff training at Aberdeen Sewing Machines. Tracey had been very diligent since my last visit, practising her free-motion quilting.




I have been trying to get Nessie into the habit of daily hair-brushing. She still hates it but we are persevering so she does not get matted in between her professional grooming sessions - I wear Kevlar gloves just in case;) 


This week will mostly be about exhibiting at the show but I hope to get a chance to look around and see what is “in”, possibly make a couple of modest purchases, and definitely take my host out for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment