Sunday 16 April 2023

Going Round in Circles


The trouble with having a phobia about Maths is that I can waste a lot off time trying to work out a simple problem. I wanted to cut out a lot of concentric circles in t-shirt vinyl that were either ¼” or ½” wide but I had to convert them to decimals and factor in gaps. Long story short - I tried to come up with a new set of circles, even though I already had a perfectly good set of circles because as usual, I was over complicating matters. I eventually spent a whole day cutting out a life-time supply of circles which somehow I have to share equally between the inset circle-squares that I have made.
 



It has been rather chilly for April but finally we had a decent day so we 
headed to Stonehaven for a dog-walk and takeaway coffee from a wee cafe near the harbour. 




Nella has been busy working on Uni projects during her holidays and I have gone from hardly any customer quilts to half a dozen, including a couple of really big ones. I have loaded one up to get started straight away when I get back from Norfolk as I am taking Nella back to Norwich for Term 3 of first year. I am taking some of my circles project with me but it is unlikely that I will have time to work on it but at least I can if I have the opportunity;)

No comments:

Post a Comment