Sunday 23 April 2023

Out and About in Norfolk

 

Nella and I headed down to Norfolk via Glasgow where I dropped off an amp for Fergus who had sold it on Facebook Marketplace. The May blossom was out and the trees were definitely greener than in NE Scotland.



Nella settled back in to her room in Uni and I became the annoying Mother who insisted on cleaning the student kitchen.


I had a couple of outings during the week, including a very bracing visit to Southwold. I managed to stay out of junk shops (not completely, obviously). Time passes at a different rate here - it is very elastic in that nothing much happens yet the days pass quickly. 






I had made a concerted effort to get my circles ready to stitch in all of the “spare” time that I would have in Norfolk but I have not even managed to complete two squares. 





I have been in Norwich a few times and we walked all over the city, calling in a couple of cute cafes. It is such an easy city to walk in as it is generously pedestrianised, yet still easy to drive around too. 





I am heading back north on Monday and need to crack straight on with some seriously large customer quilts. Hopefully I can do some of the hand-stitching while I watch over the Q-matic.

No comments:

Post a Comment