Sunday 28 August 2022

Pinky Promise

 


What is it about having a long To Do list that makes me want to start something new? I came back from FoQ with plenty of things to do or finish but then decided that my filing cabinets looked drab and needed a facelift. I used to enjoy painting furniture to give it a new lease of life but I really did not enjoy this job. I should have emptied them, taken them outside, sanded them then given them a quick spray-paint. However, I decided to leave them in situ then paint with primer and pink top coat - only the parts that could be seen. After 4 coats they are still patchy! The trouble with starting a project like that is that it highlights other scruffy furniture and could well snowball into a major operation.
 

I still have to complete the caravan stickers - I really need to start and finish one job at a time;) I am tempted to start a quilt but at the same time I still need to make more videos showing how quilters can use the Bernina L890. On the subject of videos, I uploaded a tour of FoQ to Youtube. The walkthrough footage is a bit shaky because I am still getting used to my new camera but I did manage to edit it all myself:) 





Despite all of my faffing this week, I managed to get 2 small customer quilts done and sorted through some of the stuff that Nella needs to take to Uni. There are only 3 weeks to go - she is both nervous and excited! It is really beginning to feel autumnal here after a great summer. The blackberries are fantastic, the nights are drawing in and there is a slight nip in the air. Change is afoot…




No comments:

Post a Comment