Sunday 14 August 2022

Some Like it Hot (and Sticky)



For most of this week it has been scorching hot weather again and I don’t really like it! However, I bought an ice cream maker and had a go at making vegan ice cream. So far I have tried strawberry, cherry and blueberry. I am still working on the perfect recipe without dairy but I think the most successful one used vegan condensed milk.
 


Nella was away in Orkney with her friend so I pretended I was on holiday and just pottered around. I filmed a couple of short overlocker demos and with my Editor in Chief away, I had to figure out how to edit the videos in iMovie myself. They are not fancy but I managed to cobble them together, cutting out the bloopers. 




I decided to do all sorts of things I think I never have time for and I discovered that the second-hand backup overlocker can do a fancy wave stitch which I think could look cool on quilt binding. 



The most time consuming activity was cutting out more caravan stickers on my Scan-n-Cut machine. I did not paint the caravan because I thought it would take too long but sticking o hundreds of flowers onto the caravan with vinyl transfer tape has taken forever and I have no idea what will happen the next time I need to wash it!




Alongside churning ice cream and cutting out stickers, I did one customer quilt and won’t attempt to do any more until Festival of Quilts which is next week:)




No comments:

Post a Comment